Hello again! Today we had a lovely weather, all sunny and bright – and what an excuse for a nice roast (not just for the weekend).
So I have a surprse for you! Roast pork with cherry chutney is an all time favorite and it is SO easy to make, you won’t believe it!
So first, the ingredients:
- Approx. 400-500 grams pork tenderloin
- A jar of cherry chutney from Urbangrains
- 2 cups of rice (white or brown)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 asparagus spears
- 1 onion, chopped in rings
- A few celery pieces, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 spoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat your oven to 250 degrees. In the mean time, rub pork with salt, pepper, olive oil and thyme
Drizzle the asparagus with the extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
Put the pork and the asparagus in a deep baking pan
Add a glass of water so as the meat not to go completely dry. (I added some more extra virgin olive oil – you know it is good for your health)
Then, put it in the oven and let it bake for approximately 20-25 minutes. This part is done!
Now, prepare rice as per the instructions of your favorite brand. You normally need 5 cups of water for two cups of rice. Add the rice in the boiling water and simmer.
Next, (optional) make the caramelised onions:
- Chop the celery into small fine pieces.
- Add some olive oil to a frying pan and heat for maximum
- Mix salt, pepper, thyme, sugar and the vinegar with the chopped celery and the onion rings.
- Then, all you have to do is drop them to the frying pan and fry until they look like … well, caramelised!
Back to the pork: When the pork is ready, remove it from the oven and serve it with cherry chutney on top, rice on the side with the caramelised onions on top, and the baked asparagus as well.
Enjoy with a chilled white Rioja wine!
Want a fantastic Cherry Chutney to use with YOUR meat or cheese? Use this one here.