Today we decided to write on another topic that does not involve food – it is affecting millions of youngsters and it a sign of growing up: Acne. It might not be … a fatal disease but it could be debilitating as it can take away the self-esteem and sense of worth of a person. If not treated properly, it could affect the person physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially as well.
With all the available chemical-based skin-care products today, many would be surprised to know that acne can be treated by using a natural substance such as olive oil. Just make sure to use fresh extra virgin olive oil as old and contaminated oil may worsen your skin condition. You can purchase extra virgin olive oil and premium Greek delicatessen products in London.
Here are the steps on how to use extra virgin olive oil for acne:
1. Apply a small amount of extra virgin olive oil on your face. You can rub on more or less depending on your preference or the amount of breakouts you have.
2. Slowly massage your face using the tips of your fingers. Make round motions to help the oil penetrate into your skin. Focus on the most acne-hit areas and do not let the oil touch your eyes. Softly go around your eyes as the oil can help remove wrinkles and dirt around them as well. Continue massaging for about sixty seconds.
3. Get a face towel and soak it in hot water for a few minutes. Squeeze extra water out, but keep it a little moist. Drape the towel on your face for a few minutes to let the steam go through your facial skin pores. This will help soften the substances clogging the pores and bring oil and dirt up to the top of your skin so you can easily wipe them off later. Keep the towel on your face until it cools down.
4. Take another face towel and prepare it as you did with the first one. This time use it to wipe your skin clean. Go over for as many times it will take to clear off all dirt and oils.
5. Splash cold water onto your face to seal the pores.
6. Pat your face dry using a new, clean face towel.
Done! Your face will have a smooth, silk skin that most creams cannot make!