On our last post of our 3-part series of Lifestyle Change to Get Healthy, we started stating some of the important rules that govern a lifestyle change.
Today we will list two more rules and then we will proceed with a list of 5 essential guidelines.
So, #4: You must drink lots of water. And we mean lots.
Not only is water essential to a healthy body and hydration, but it can help fill you up so that you won’t be hungry. When you drink water before, during or after your meals, it helps satisfy hunger cravings – as simple as that.
In addition, drinking water periodically helps curb your appetite throughout the day, making it easier to stick to a balanced diet with proper nutrition. Dietitians, nutritionist and gymnasts recommend AT least 8 glasses per day.
#5: Get some meals in advance.
As harsh as this sounds, to be successful on any meal plan you need to prepare foods in advance. For example, make time to prepare meals on the weekend to have the entire week. Pack it in boxes or polybags and that way, you just get up and grab the bag out of the refrigerator before you go to work.
Here are the
5 Very Important Guidelines
for any type of diet
- Make generally healthier choices – do not eat chocolates, chips, crisps, fast food
- Eat more natural, unprocessed foods – olive oil, green salads, raw nuts (unsalted)
- Minimize the sodium you consume – (pretty obvious this one)
- Reduce the amount of carbs you consume – (this one too)
- Keep your meals around 400 calories (go here in order to calculate the calories)
BONUS! How To Sneak a Monounsaturated Fat In Any Meal:
- drizzling olive oil over a salad (instead of regular dressing)
- cooking your foods in oil
- adding a serving of nuts, seeds, or dark chocolate into yogurt
- Slicing up half an avocado and putting the slices on a sandwich
- Make a breakfast sandwich with eggs, a whole wheat English muffin, and a few avocado slices (you can even add 1-2 tablespoons of salsa to add flavor)
These are the general guidelines for any kind of diet out there – if you want more tips and tricks like these make sure you sign up for our monthly newsletter!