Each month we search and present you a recipe that it was originally found and used by the Ancient Greeks, Romans or other civilisations and it is still used today.
This time, we found that Greeks were producing a white cheese, made of goat’s and sheeps’ milk, similar to today’s feta, but they way it was preserved was instead of adding salt, the dipped it in extra virgin olive oil.
- Urbangrains Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Urbangrains PDO Feta cheese, in slices
- Urbangrains Organic Thyme
- Bay leaves
- Urbangrains Organic Rosemary
- 1 small jar
- Optional: two garlic cloves
Cut feta in small chunks
Next, fill the jar up to half with extra virgin olive oil
Next step: Add the rosemary
Then add the thyme, peppercorns, bay leaves and optionally, the garlic
Then start adding bit by bit the feta cheese
Here is the final product: